For screen reader problems with this website, please call208-743-85792 0 8 7 4 3 8 5 7 9Standard carrier rates apply to texts.

    Our Story

    Ralph Largent, mid 1920

    1910
    Main St. Lewiston

    Our original store front (far right with columns and arched windows) taken in 1912.

    1912 Storefront
    1920 Mutual Creamery

    1920
    Ralph Largent and Crew of Mutual Creamery

    In 1920 Ralph Largent graduated from U of I with a business degree. He immediately was hired by Mutual Creamery to manage the business. During his time with the Creamery, he got them started selling refrigeration.

    1930
    ApplianceCenter 600 block of Main Street

    In 1930 Ralph Largent bought out the appliance section of the Creamery and opened the the very first appliance (only) store in the Lewiston/Clarkston area. This business was known as Largents ApplianceCenter then changed the name to Largent's Appliance later.

    1930 Appliance Center
    1940

    1940
    Ralph Largent (left) and unknown employee

    In 1940, Ralph Moved "Largent's Appliance" to 716 Main (renting at this location). Pic taken before the owner covered up the front with stucco and tile.

    Mid 1940s
    After store cover up and night shot

    Left photo: Ralph Largent (center) and two of his employees after the cover up was done, right photo: night shot of the store

    940 Store
    Extended Warranties

    Mid 1950s
    718 Main Street

    In the early 1950s Ralph moved the business next door to 718 Main Street where we still reside to this day.

    1958
    Ralph Largent passes away

    His daughter and son–in–law, Louise and George LaVoie took over the business. They kept the name Largent's Appliance.

    1970 Storefront

    Late 1970s
    Louise and George bought all three business fronts (716, 718 & 720 Main Street)

    Largent's got a face lift and put up red, orange, yellow tiles so we would stand out and people could find us more easily.

    1989
    George LaVoie retired

    Three of his sons bought the family business: Craig, Kent & Steve LaVoie.

    Before and after remodeling in 2017

    2017
    Before and after remodel

    In 2017 Largent's decided to update to a more modern style. As the contractor was removing the old tile, he found dry rot underneath. The contractor started removing the bad wood and found the original columns from 1910. We started chipping away at the stucco to discover the original hand chiseled sand stone blocks and mercury glass.

    Largent's is one of Lewiston's oldest businesses.

    Family-owned for FOUR generations.

    Active in Lewiston rallies, fundraisers and philanthropies.